Who is Marianne Williamson??

Marianne Williamson is running for President in 2024. She's a 70-year-old Texan woman, who is bent on becoming the leader of our nation (Williamson 2023). I had to do some digging to find out what she's all about, and what I uncovered is much more information than I was receiving through tweets and Instagram slides. 

Williamson has had a few attempts to enter the political world, but despite those, I've never heard of her. She has lost the few elections that she has participated in in the past, and she has never held political office (Fahner 2023). In her own right, she has become a popular religious and political activist during her career. She is an author, with several bestselling books, and she prides herself on her ability to spiritually connect the masses. At the same time, Williamson has founded many social justice related charities, like Peace Alliance and Project Angel food (Williamson 2023). 

Marianne Williamson is a longtime spiritual advisor, which may contribute to her 2.1 million Twitter followers being proud of her decision to run "for what is right." Unfortunately, many of her critics are concerned with what her plan is to achieve those goals of reforming the American government. While she runs an uber-progressive platform on things like reparations for Black Americans, Native American Justice, Free Universal Healthcare, Student Debt Forgiveness, and Curbing Climate Change, many Twitter Users say that her goals are either unrealistic or have major holes within the plans (Williamson 2023). Twitter Users, like those above, were all consistent in understanding that Williamson is highlighting the failures of previous administrations, but she is neglecting to give answers as to how she will be able to fix them as President. 


Some have been quick to call out her alliance with everything that she claims to condemn. This comes with her announcement to run in the Democratic Primary for the Democratic nomination of the candidate for the U.S. Presidency, but it conflicts with her previous runs as an independent candidate and her claims that Democrats right now are complacent with Republican manipulation (Fahner 2023). At the same time, Twitter users were quick to call her out for her endorsement of Joe Biden after Williamson dropped out of the 2020 election (where she also ran as a Democrat). As of right now, she is the first and only Democratic Candidate to announce running against Incumbent President Joe Biden. 

Comments

  1. I remember her from the 2020 democrat candidates debate. She seemed to anger people on both sides and seemed to lack potential. I am surprised she is running again, and the first one to do so for the 2024 election. I don't think she will make it far again as I just cannot see the average democrat being compelled by her platform or her experience. I wonder how much of her campaigning is aimed towards settling for Vice President, as the 2020 choice of Kamala Harris was shocking to many. It will be interesting to see the candidates for both sides for the next election which is already coming up (it feels like we just had the last one..). What about her platform do you think gives her a boost over the rest of mainstream democratic candidates like Newsom?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

War on Women's Rights

Is Change No Longer Welcomed?

The Tennessee 3 -But Only 2 Expelled?